[Box Backup] Error: Found conflicting parent ID for file ID

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Thu Feb 12 23:08:48 GMT 2009

Hi Torsten,

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Torsten wrote:

> sorry for the bad news, but both platforms are linux Debian Etch systems.

OK, could you give me some samples of the error messages and the output of
the "stat" command on the files that they report? Also what kind of
filesystem are those files stored on, and the output of the "mount"
command or contents of /proc/mounts?

> I ran an bbstoreaccounts check on this account and i got about 300 times this
> error message.
>
> WARNING: File ID 0xa6190 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0x6ee7e has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xac2f5 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xaf2fd has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xaf757 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xaf758 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0x96261 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0x91a27 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xb085f has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xb0860 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xb0861 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xb5d5b has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xc938c has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xc938d has different container ID, probably moved
>
> Any ideas?

These reports show that the client has been moving files around. They may
be harmless, but if those object IDs are the IDs of files reported by the
client as having conflicting parent IDs, then it means that the client has
wrongly moved them to new locations.

What does "compare -aq" say about the client's data?