[Box Backup] Crosscompiling boxbackup-0.10 for a Router (freetz)

Mirko boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Sun Mar 29 15:13:06 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

Am Sonntag, 29. M=E4rz 2009 15:20:51 schrieb Chris Wilson:
> Hi Mirko,
>
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Mirko wrote:
> >> Looks like a gcc or STL bug. Can I download this toolchain somewhere?
> >
> > Freetz uses an automatic which compiles the toolchain on your system.
> > The Freetz-Sources can be downloaded by executing svn co
> > http://svn.freetz.org/trunk freetz-trunk Executing "make" in that
> > directory for an example (see attached .config) configuration will build
> > the toolchain.
>
> Ok, but that is a process that takes a lot of time and disk space before I
> can even start to reproduce the problem, and I don't have a lot of either.
>
> Is there a fast way to build just gcc and g++ for this device?
>
> Cheers, Chris.

my previous post was wrong, as it seems. The toolchain is already precompil=
ed.=20
You can get the toolchain (only?) by calling "make toolchain" which will=20
still compile some stuff, but it will be considerably faster (it still take=
s=20
some 10 minutes) than compiling gcc. This seems to be the only intended way=
=20
to get this toolchain. Besides some other stuff, the main archive downloade=
d=20
and extracted is
http://freetz.wirsind.info/gcc-4.2.1-uclibc-0.9.29-freetz-0.6.tar.lzma
maybe this includes the files you were looking for?

Cheers, Mirko