[Box Backup] bb-man.xsl missing from docs/docbook in trunk since R2474

Achim boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Tue Mar 31 19:19:13 BST 2009

Hello Chris:

On 31/3/09 14:01, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Yes, but it shouldn't be a problem because bb-man.xsl should be
> generated automatically from bb-man.xsl.tmpl. Is it not in your case?

This appears not to be the case, at least on Darwin:

./bootstrap
./configure
./make
[..]
cp -p LICENSE.txt parcels/boxbackup-trunk_2487-backup-client-darwin9.6.0
bsdmake -C docs man/bbackupd.8.gz
xsltproc -o man/bbackupd.8 docbook/bb-man.xsl docbook/bbackupd.xml
warning: failed to load external entity "docbook/bb-man.xsl"
cannot parse docbook/bb-man.xsl
*** Error code 4

Stop in /Users/ajl/Desktop/backup clients/boxbackup/trunk.2487/docs.
make: *** [docs/man/bbackupd.8.gz] Error 1

> What does "make -C docs docbook/bb-man.xsl" tell you?

after I issue "make -C docs docbook/bb-man.xsl" (no error messages) and
start the make process again, the build continues just fine.

It appears that the part of "should be generated automatically from
bb-man.xsl.tmpl" is not working for me. Perhaps one of the paths in
R2474 was not updated?

Best regards,

		Achim