[Box Backup] replicate two boxbackup servers

Chris Wilson chris
Sun Oct 11 21:15:21 BST 2009

Hi Matthieu,

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, Matthieu Patou wrote:

> I'm wondering if it is possible to replicate two boxbackup servers in a
> master / slave scheme and of course to send just the delta between them
> (well almost).
>
> That's to say server A and B are in sync, I change a few things on my
> computer, redo a backup of my computer with server A (so a few changes
> are added) and then sync A to B. Will it work ? (and will it transfer
> just the difference ?).

Yes, it is possible to just use rsync from the master server (A) to the
slave server (B) and only the changes will be copied, plus the rsync
overhead.

If you want a multiple-master setup, have a look at:
http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/FeatureRequests#a9Pseudo-ClusteringofServersfromBenon92704

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |