[Box Backup] notifyadmin.*

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Wed Sep 2 20:05:31 BST 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, scartomail wrote:

>> Boxi is supposed to (eventually) give a clear and easy status view to
>> the user: red light means backup is failing, green light means it's OK.
>
> Yes, I noticed that feature. But that is only usefull if you startup a
> backup manualy. I prefere to let the BB service handle the day to day
> backups.

No, I mean that it will run as a service that monitors the Box Backup
service and gives the user a warning if the automated backups run by Box
Backup are failing.

>>> I will see if the installer I used is able to get
>> input from some kind of messagebox. That way the installer
>> is still universal and a different password could be used on
>> installation time.
>>
>> Pete Jalajas's MPI installer definitely can. The sources
>> are in boxbackup/contrib/windows/installer.
>
> Eh... could you please be a bit more specific? I was able to find this
> https://www.boxbackup.org/svn/ But than I got lost and could not find
> the path you discribe.

https://www.boxbackup.org/svn/box/trunk/contrib/windows/installer/

It's written in InstallJammer, which is free but I think not open source.