[Box Backup] Box Backup 0.11rc4 on OS X 10.6

Chris Wilson chris
Sat Sep 26 13:38:07 BST 2009

Hi Stewart,

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Stewart Adam wrote:

> I've been trying to compile Box Backup on OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" and
> although it works perfectly when building from SVN, building 0.11rc4
> gives a few odd errors... After running ./configure with no arguments,
> this is what happens:
>
> * Configure succeeds, but config.status outputs many errors:
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating infrastructure/BoxPlatform.pm
> sed: 23: ./confstatJxIqOK/subs-2.sed: extra characters at the end of p
> command
> [etc, p command error happens for each file]
> config.status: creating test/bbackupd/testfiles/syncallowscript.pl
> sed: 23: ./confstatJxIqOK/subs-2.sed: extra characters at the end of p
> command
> config.status: creating lib/common/BoxConfig.h
> config.status: lib/common/BoxConfig.h is unchanged
>
> * Running "make" fails, saying there are no targets.
> * A new empty file with name "ill set make to perform concurrent jobs" is
> found in the source directory.
>
> If I run ./bootstrap and try again configure succeeds, but compiling fails
> under docs/ (I believe this is because xsl-generic isn't packaged with
> release tarballs).

I've just released 0.11rc5 which I hope should fix this problem. You can
get it from:

   http://www.boxbackup.org/svn/box/packages/boxbackup-0.11rc5.tgz

Please could you try it and let me know?

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |