[Box Backup] Feature request - for lousy connections

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Apr 1 17:11:26 BST 2010

Hi Florian,

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Florian Eyben wrote:

> My question was, if you think it is possible to save the state when the
> connection drops (i.e. save the last state before the transfer of the
> file or the action where the connection dropped). I mean, more or less,
> call the function that saves the state (currently when stopping the
> daemon), when an error occurs.

The only significant state that we could save would be the directory
listings. It should be possible to do this, but I'd like to understand
what the real issue is that you're experiencing, and whether this is the
best way to fix it, before actually implementing it. Otherwise it's not
getting you any closer to a solution, and taking away time that I could
spend on implementing more useful new features.