[Box Backup] Mass Deletion Protection

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Apr 1 17:15:07 BST 2010

Hi Pete,

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services wrote:

>> Pete's suggestion of using "list -otrsd" seems to do the trick: the
>> data is still there, I just was not able to look for it in the right
>> way.
>
> One thing I just noticed recently, and, Chris, maybe it's new behavior,
> is that: 1) the -o option shows old _and_ current versions (and no
> deleted versions), but 2) the -d option shows _only_ the deleted
> versions (and no old or current versions).
>
> I thought I recalled that I had previously routinely used -odstr to list
> all my files and then used grep to find the ones I was looking for.
> So, I believe now there is no way to use a single command to list _all_
> versions of a file.  Chris:  what do you think?

It's not 100% clear to me what you mean, but you seem to be saying that if
you use "list -od", you don't see both old and deleted versions of files?
Please could you demonstrate? I would expect that you would see both, and
the code certainly seems to support that. If both options are given, and
unless there is a subtle bug in the code, no files are excluded from the
directory listing at all.