[Box Backup] Logging

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Thu Apr 8 16:03:10 BST 2010

Hello Chris:

Thanks for the fast response!

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:25:18 +0200 (CEST), Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com>
wrote:
> It is configurable: set NotifyAlways = yes if you want it.
>
>> "bang on if the user cannot be bothered to fix the problem".
>
> I think I agree that it should be on by default.

Thanks for reminding me of the configuration option.

I had seen it before but thought that I remembered some inconvenience with
too many "false positives" (i.e., many mails with "everything is fine"),
but of course that depends only on how the notify script handles the
notifications.

Done, <http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/ticket/71>

>> 3) the following error message (see last row) seems to be incorrect:
>> "Can't open a file -- attempted to load a non-existant config file or
bad
>> file referenced within?" when the file is really locked by another
>> process:
>> this has nothing to do with a config file:
>
> It does end with a question mark. This is just a suggestion, and while
the
> suggestion might not be perfect, sometimes it will be right. The real
> error message, cannot open a file, is still correct.

This is only a minor thing that I just came across, not really worth any
of your attention. BUT the original Windows error (ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION
32 (0x20), "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process.") is a lot more helpful, because the BB message actually
points in the wrong direction. Perhaps there is a way to improve the
estimated guess that BB ventures?

Thanks again, Achim