[Box Backup] Logging

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 19:54:33 BST 2010

On 12 Apr 2010, at 18:43, Brendon Baumgartner wrote:
> I have used the event logs so far, but the agent is so chatty, it's
> quite disruptive to the administrator if they want to browse the
> eventlogs. Also, if the agent did one backup and then stopped at night,
> then it would probably be okay, but since it's constantly running, the
> eventlogs basically end being boxbackup logs because 90% of the line
> items are from boxbackup.

To be honest this is a system administration issue and not an application issue.

The eventlog viewer does let you filter out certain events, or filter on certain events. I frequently see the Wintel administrators at my place filter on certain codes to find account lockout events. They have also set up a job to export the eventlogs from all Domain Controllers and dump them into a SQL Server database.

James