[Box Backup] Trac account request

Moritz 'Morty' Strübe morty at gmx.net
Thu Dec 23 23:53:35 GMT 2010

Am 23.12.2010 23:40, Achim schrieb:
> Hello Morty:
>
> On 20/12/2010 22:57, Moritz 'Morty' Strübe wrote:
>> Username: Morty
>> Reason: Add some bandwith limiting snippets to the wiki.
>
> Would you mind sharing your insights with the list? Last year in
> September, I asked a question related to that topic and did not
> receive any feedback (see my original message below).

It's Linux, sorry:
https://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/BandwidthMangement I added
netlimiter, though, and
http://bandwidthcontroller.com/trafficShaperXp.html looks promising,
too. But I never used it.

> Especially Windows clients seem to be an issue, since the UNIX-y OS
> already bring plenty of options to manage QoS.

I haven't looked at the bb-Code. Basic bandwith limiting isn't that
difficult. But it's a little more troublesome to make it effective.
Though most people probably the basic limiting is better then nothing.
Generally it shouldn't be to difficult to add a timer to
SocketStreamTLS, which delays sending data (You would wrap it in another
class thogh).

Morty

--
strübe.de <http://xn--strbe-mva.de>