[Box Backup] Removing unused backup entries

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Feb 11 08:41:05 GMT 2010

Hi Roy,

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Roy wrote:

>>> PS. Chris; is there already a solution for files with different
>>> attributes on the store in comparison to the local file?
>>
>> No, please remind me of the issue, or preferably create a Trac ticket
>> for it.
>
> I will do, but I have to get an account first. I get a lot of these
> messages when I do a compare. And because Box Backup doesn't update
> those attributes I get them over and over again. It is not a really big
> deal, but I get lot's of error when I compare, so this clutters my view.
> And, off course, the attributes aren't saved correctly.

I'm afraid I will need you to collect some more information for me. I've
uploaded a new Windows build which contains additional debugging logging
statements, which you can download here:

http://www.boxbackup.org/svn/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-trunk_2604-backup-client-mingw32.zip

If you run the new build of bbackupquery with the "-V" option, and
compare, you should see a line with "Attribute Compare:" in the output,
before each comparison failure:

TRACE:   Attribute Compare: File modification times differ: local
1605940943, remote 1839817581
WARNING: Local file 'testfiles/TestDir1/tracked-2' has different
attributes to store file '/Test1/tracked-2'.

Please tell me what those lines say (by private email if they contain
sensitive information).