[Box Backup] Box Backup licensing

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Jan 21 22:59:31 GMT 2010

I am not a copyright holder, just a lurker, but I'll throw in my summary
understanding of the change.

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Chris Wilson wrote:

> > > I am happy to change the code I wrote to the standard BSD license.

Documentation for distributions of the libraries must include the license
(and thereby credit the authors).

> GPL for the backup parts of Box Backup:

Distribution of backup application and derivatives must include source (or
negotiate commercial license).

This seems a very reasonable and generous change.  Box Backup will be a very
good addition to Fedora and other free/libre distros.  (And maybe even Redhat
EL.)

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>