[Box Backup] Box Backup licensing

Ben Summers ben at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 12:06:42 GMT 2010

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Ben, would you object to dual-licensing the core libraries under BSD/
> GPL
> at the choice of the licensee? That way, we can distribute Box
> Backup as
> pure GPL, but anyone wanting to use the core libraries could choose
> to use
> them under the BSD license instead.

I have no objection to dual-licensing the core libraries under BSD and
GPL v2 (and future versions) on the condition that the project asks
any contributors to the core libraries to dual-license their
contributions.

Someone asked if anything actually uses these libraries in non-Box
Backup projects. Some of my stuff does (you may have noticed a few
classes which aren't used by Box Backup), and think it's reasonable to
ask that future versions continue to be available for such non-GPL use.

Ben

--
http://bens.me.uk