[Box Backup] Box Backup licensing

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Tue Jan 26 12:05:44 GMT 2010

Hello list:

One thing just came to my mind about the relicensing under BSD and GPL:
Back in June we had a (small) discussion about the possibility of linking
to Microsofts's VSS headers. I quote verbatim from my message then, and
wanted to ask if we could add that exception to the GPL version under which
you will release 0.11, in order to have at least the legal aspects covered,
not to talk about the missing implementation ;-)

PS: Slightly OT but perhaps interesting for us users of a "cloud" software
with encryption:
"Encryption breakthrough promises privacy in the cloud"
<http://searchcloudcomputing.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid201_gci1360812,00.html>

Quote:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org/msg04359.html>

<http://n2.nabble.com/Headers-for-free-distribution-like-for-win32api-td2724421.html#a2725427>