[Box Backup] Readline support on Windows

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Tue Jul 6 15:06:32 BST 2010

Hello list:

Has anybody been able already to build Box Backup under MingW with some
kind of readline support? I have tried the following options, and
unfortunately I am not able to compile any of them under MingW:

Readline (http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html)
libedit (http://thrysoee.dk/editline/)
libeditline (http://www.wanderinghorse.net/computing/editline/)
Libedit (https://sourceforge.net/projects/libedit/)

Some probably exist already precompiled for Cygwin, but that would pull in
all the other Cygwin dependencies as well.

Any ideas? The best references I found were these threads [1,2], but they
also ends without a conclusive answer...

Thanks in advance, Achim

PS: Readline hopefully rememdies the anoying behaviour in which Box Backup
quits when I press CTRL+C. This happens, for instance, when you are typing
in the wrong command, and simply want to start with a fresh line, instead
of having to delete the whole line letter by letter with backspace. It also
happens when you use the "-r" (recursive) flag with list, but don't want to
wait for *all* entries to scroll by...

[1] <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/29192/focus=29252>
[2] <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2008-January/009066.html>