[Box Backup] Readline support on Windows

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Tue Jul 6 17:52:39 BST 2010

Hi Achim,

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010, Achim wrote:

> Has anybody been able already to build Box Backup under MingW with some
> kind of readline support? I have tried the following options, and
> unfortunately I am not able to compile any of them under MingW:
>
> Readline (http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html)
> libedit (http://thrysoee.dk/editline/)
> libeditline (http://www.wanderinghorse.net/computing/editline/)
> Libedit (https://sourceforge.net/projects/libedit/)

I think I downloaded the readline source and built it under cygwin, with
CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin, but I'd have to check. You're probably better off not
using it for now.

> PS: Readline hopefully rememdies the anoying behaviour in which Box
> Backup quits when I press CTRL+C. This happens, for instance, when you
> are typing in the wrong command, and simply want to start with a fresh
> line, instead of having to delete the whole line letter by letter with
> backspace.

Pressing ctrl+c is not really right here, "home ctrl-k" or "ctrl-a ctrl-k"
is better. I think what you're seeing is an accident.

> It also happens when you use the "-r" (recursive) flag with list, but
> don't want to wait for *all* entries to scroll by...

bbackupquery is not designed to be interrupted that way, and doing this
will probably kill your session anyway.