[Box Backup] Problem with "excluded" folder not removed from store

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Fri Jul 9 18:58:28 BST 2010

Hi Robin,

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, robinharteveld at gmail.com wrote:

> Unused location in root: home-groepen-<LargeFoldername>
> Not deleting unused entries - too early (172799 seconds remaining)

Makes sense given the information below:

> You said : "after 2 days of running bbackupd". We restart the daemon
> before a backupjob starts(every day at 23:00). This is because we
> experienced some problems (having multiple bbackupd processes) when a
> job could not be completed within 24 hours.

I'd very strongly advise you to leave bbackupd running and don't start
another one. It keeps state in memory that reduces your bandwidth usage,
and you lose that if you kill it. It should not be necessary to start
another one, so you should not have problems with multiple bbackupd
processes. When it finishes a backup, it will wait for the defined
interval and then start another one automatically.