[Box Backup] bbackupquery unusable when directory names contain special characters

sm8ps-boxbackup1 at yahoo.com sm8ps-boxbackup1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 21:51:40 BST 2010

Dear list, dear developers

My files and directories happen to contain special characters, specifically umlauts. It seems impossible to reach them from bbackupquery. I cannot type (!) in the relevant characters (ä,ö,ü etc.) and tab completion seems to relate to the working directory of the shell as opposed to the one used by bbackupquery. Needless to say that the backups are worthless in the present state.
I have read the entry about Box Backup and International Characters on the Wiki but this specific problem does not seem to be mentioned at all. Can anyone give me some hints?
I am running BoxBackup v0.11rc2 on Ubuntu 8.04 (server) and 9.10  (client).
Cheers!

Stefan Müller Wildi
Unterhof 5
CH-6208 Oberkirch