[Box Backup] bbackupquery unusable when directory names

Wolfgang Trexler wt-lists at trexler.at
Fri Jun 4 20:12:14 BST 2010

Am 2010-06-04 18:29, schrieb James O'Gorman:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On 4 Jun 2010, at 16:50, sm8ps-boxbackup1 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Magnus,
>>
>> thank you for your answer! The problem is that I cannot *type* in the umlauts. They do not even appear on the command line. In the Bash it all works, so it must be some feature of BoxBackup.
>> Does anybody have any idea why this could be the case.
>
> What are your locale settings set to? Are you using a binary package of Box (if so which distribution and version?) or did you compile it?

Hi,

I can confirm this problem. I tried it on my boxbackup installation and
experience the same problem with german umlauts "öäüÖÄÜß".

My locale on the boxbackup client: LANG=en_US.UTF-8
Version / Package repository:
0.11~rc2-5
/ftp.de.debian.org_debian_dists_lenny_main_binary-amd64_Packages

best regards
Wolfgang