[Box Backup] Data corruption bug in trunk > 2585 and 0.11rc6

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Mon Mar 1 13:38:49 GMT 2010

Hi Achim,

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Achim wrote:

> 1) BB is very stable and reliable, and developed with so much care that
> SVN is no risk at all
> 2) People need features that are introduced in SVN before they become
> available as a official release
>
> The combination of 1) and 2) would lead me to think that proper releases
> should happen a lot more frequently than at the moment. I am not trying to
> push for a "1.0" version, but right now the situation is for instance that

I tend to agree, but I have reasons for not having released 0.11 yet:

* I'm getting very little feedback about release candidates (and admit to
not having announced 0.11rc6, which was probably a good thing in
retrospect).

* I haven't had time to test recent versions myself, on the platforms that
I have virtual machines for.

* My home machine has blown up, so until I get back to the UK I have no
access to my solaris VM, for example.

* Some tests are currently failing on Windows and I haven't had time to
investigate and fix them.

> This should also get more adopters on board who might be comfortable
> downloading a binary but do not want to compile their own latest
> snapshots from SVN.

There are release candidates for 0.11, and running them is highly
recommended, especially as 0.10 no longer compiles on modern platforms.