[Box Backup] Server error

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Fri May 7 13:34:14 BST 2010

Hi Shepherd,

On Fri, 7 May 2010, Shepherd T Mutsiwegota wrote:

> I have followed the server installation when i start the server (service
> bbstored start) i get no error but if i look at my log file there is the
> following output
>
> [root at zimunya etc]# service bbstored start
> Starting bbstored: Box Backup Store Server v0.10, (c) Ben Summers and
> contributors 2003-2006

This is a very old version with known bugs. Where did you get it? I'd be
curious to know your reasons for not using the release candidate of 0.11.

I think the debugging options in 0.10 final are really pretty limited and
I can't see an obvious way to debug this. Could you try running
"strace -s 256 bbstored" and send me the output (not to the mailing list)?