[Box Backup] Bundled TDB fails to build

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Mon Oct 11 15:24:23 BST 2010

Hello Charles:

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 18:00:40 +0100, Charles Lecklider <lists at invis.net>
wrote:
> That'd be the stuff I'm working on:
> http://www.boxbackup.org/svn/box/invisnet/perfhack1/
>
> That branch is from 0.11rc8 so there's no QDBM vs. TDB issue.

Correct, that branch and (and rc8) compile without problems

> However, in order to fix the problem the store directory format has
> changed; this branch will work with old stores, but once you've switched
> you cannot go back. There is no conversion process as such - directories
> are simply written in the new format when they change.
>
> I've tested with >60000 files per directory with no performance problems.
>
> If you want to test this branch please either take a backup of your
> current store or create a new one.

I understand that the client re-writes the directories, so the new
format is "forced" by a new client, not a new server component?

In any case, I really appreciated the effort you are putting into BB.

If somebody could nail down the following issues (in order of personal
preference), BB would be almost there (apart from a simple GUI):
#13	Fix file locking on Windows
#14	Fix large file issues on Windows
#65	Some file attributes under Windows are not backed up
#75	Restore times wrong, times on store correct
#70	Non-ascii character cause error for notifyscript path

Best regards, Achim