[Box Backup] Housekeeping warning and install problems

Roy boxbackup at hostingbrothers.nl
Fri Sep 17 09:12:11 BST 2010

Hi all,

After upgrading the server side of Box Backup to the latest version, I got a lot of the following warnings:
bbstored/hk[3645]: WARNING: Reference count of object 0x43abd changed from 1 to 0

I don't know why this is. Has it to do with that files are not referenced anymore, and thus are deleted on disk and later on the store?

And in the previous e-mail I said that the install routine after compiling gave some errors, but I didn't get any response on that.
This is what I said earlier:
Unfortunately it doesn't install the server correctly:
box:~/box/0.11_svn/boxbackup-0.11# make install-backup-server
(cd parcels/boxbackup-0.11-backup-server-linux-gnu;
./install-backup-server)
install: kan stat niet toepassen op `bbstored.conf': Onbekend bestand of map
install: kan stat niet toepassen op `raidfile.conf': Onbekend bestand of map

It's in Dutch, don't know how to get this in English? But it says that
it cannot use stat on bbstored.conf and raidfile.conf. They both
exist, but in /etc/box and not somewhere in /usr/local. Could that be
the problem? I'm running the command as root btw.

When I put the configuration files in /usr/local/etc/box, it still
fails with the same error.

And:
It installs bbstored correctly, but I'm unsure if everything works
correctly now. I saw that the default location of the configuration
files changed to/etc/boxbackup/, so I changed it also. But the make
install still fails with the same error. But now I can start bbstored
again. Only with the following warning:

Sep 14 12:39:08 box bbstored[3642]: NOTICE: Box Backup Store Server
v0.11, (c) Ben Summers and contributors 2003-2010
Sep 14 12:39:08 box bbstored[3644]: NOTICE: Starting daemon, version: 0.11
Sep 14 12:39:08 box bbstored[3644]: NOTICE: Using configuration file:
/etc/boxbackup/bbstored.conf
Sep 14 12:39:09 box bbstored/hk[3645]: WARNING: Failed to open file:
/home/bbstored//backup/00000001/refcount.db.rfw: No such file or
directory (2)
Sep 14 12:39:09 box bbstored/hk[3645]: WARNING: Exception thrown:
CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at FileStream.cpp(144)
Sep 14 12:39:09 box bbstored/hk[3645]: WARNING: Reference count database
is missing or corrupted during housekeeping, creating a new one.

It says it creating a new one, so I think I don't have to worry.
But is this the expected behavior?

Cheers,

Roy