[Box Backup] Restore problems

Roy boxbackup at hostingbrothers.nl
Mon Sep 20 11:12:59 BST 2010

  Hi all,

I had to do a complete restore this weekend, but unfortunately is
doesn't went well. When I restore using the 'restore' command in
bbackupquery, I get the following error:
NOTICE:  Box Backup Query Tool vtrunk_2636M, (c) Ben Summers and
contributors 2003-2010
Login complete.

query > restore <dir> <local dir>
...............ERROR:   Failed to change times of file
'<dir>\xx\yy\filename.ext': Invalid argument (22)
WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileError) at
BackupClientFileAttributes.cpp(848)
ERROR:   Failed to restore file '<dir>\xx\yy\filename.ext': Common
OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.)
ERROR:   Unknown error during restore.
query>

And when I resume the restore with the following command:
query > restore <dir> <local dir> -r
ERROR:   Failed to change times of file '<dir>\xx\yy\filename.ext':
Invalid argument (22)
WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileError) at
BackupClientFileAttributes.cpp(848)
ERROR:   Failed to restore file '<dir>\xx\yy\filename.ext': Common
OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.)

The same happens, and the directory is skipped (not only the file, but
the whole directory it seems).

The problem is that I have to run a compare and manually restore those
files. So fortunately the files are there, and can be restored. But it
is a lot of work.

Is there a way to skip attributes like the change time if there is an
error? Or can I test something to help debug this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Roy