[Box Backup] Certificate problems

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Tue Aug 2 00:37:57 BST 2011

Hi Tomas,

Sorry for the delay in replying, and for your certificate problems. Please
could you send me the

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Tomas Nilsson wrote:

> Installation and having the client find/connect to the server works
> fine, but when it comes to the certificates something goes wrong. I'm
> mailing the list now since I just can’t figure out what is wrong. I've
> tried the script to create the certificates, created them myself and
> tried everything else I could come up with, without success. I still get
> an error saying "SSL error while accepting connection:
> error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca"

Sorry for the delay in replying, and for your certificate problems. Please
could you send me the actual certificates, but NOT the private keys as
that could compromise your system's security, by private email so that I
can analyse them and try to work out what's going wrong?

> It can’t be so that bkSrv needs a real certificate from VeriSign or a
> company like that, right?

No, it creates a new CA (well two actually, one for client certificates
and one for server certificates) so it doesn't use any existing CA such as
Verisign.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |