[Box Backup] Connection statistics NET_IN patch?

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Tue Aug 9 23:37:48 BST 2011

Hello Chris:

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 21:42:16 +0100 (BST), Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Pete Jalajas made the following request for a change to the
> "Connection statistics" logged by the server at the end of each client
> connection:
>
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2011, Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services wrote:
>
>> In:   http://www.boxbackup.com/trac/browser/box/chris/general/bin/bbstored/BackupStoreDaemon.cpp?rev=1855
>> 355	        BOX_INFO("Connection statistics for " << commonName << ":"
>> 356	                " IN="  << s.GetBytesRead() <<
>> 357	                " OUT=" << s.GetBytesWritten() <<
>> +++	                " NET_IN=" << (s.GetBytesRead() - s.GetBytesWritten()) <<
>> 358	                " TOTAL=" << (s.GetBytesRead() + s.GetBytesWritten()));
>
> Any objections before I commit this? (e.g. anyone parsing the
> statistics line who wouldn't easily be able to patch their scripts to
> cope with this)

If we are touching that area, any chance on including my request "Log
the number of uploaded files in addition to total file size uploaded"
[1]? Rationale: Empty folders and files are not reflected by "total file
size", but would show up with "total number of files".

Best regards, Achim

[1] <http://boxbackup.org/trac/ticket/61>