[Box Backup] Boxi loses settings from bbackupd.conf

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Sun Aug 14 19:16:18 BST 2011

Hello list:

Boxi loses the following settings from an existig bbackupd.conf
configuration file when overwriting it with an updated version (edited
throught the GUI itself):

StorePort =
LogAllFileAccess =
LogFileLevel =
LogFile =
NotifyAlways =
ExtendedLogFile =
MaxUploadRate =
DeleteRedundantLocationsAfter =

Some of those settings are somewhat more recent (MaxUploadRate and
DeleteRedundantLocationsAfter).

How could Boxi preserve the above settings, even though we might not
expose them in the GUI for now? All those settings seem important
enough not to be overlooked, especially the logging and store-related
ones.

Chris, any pointer as to where to locate/fix this in the code, and I
will have a go at it.

And what was the reason in the first place to have Boxi re-create a
completely new bbackupd.conf (overwriting the old one and losing all
comments at the same time), instead of just updating the values in
place (or, alternatively, make a new copy of existing bbackupd.conf,
update values, overwrite existing bbackupd.conf with new copy in an
atomic operation)?

Best regards, Achim