[Box Backup] Notes on trunk_3047 upgrade today

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 12:19:54 GMT 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:12:36AM -0500, Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services wrote:
> Here is my list of installed apparent dependencies that suffice to
> build boxbackup on Ubuntu (I can build boxbackup with these, but I'm
> sure many are not needed or relevant):

[snip]

> To be complete, perhaps did I not include a real dependency in my
> grep?  (As you can tell, I usually just flail around with "apt-get
> install" until I can get the dang thing to build).  Can someone please
> help me trim this down?  I put an "x" in the first column of those I
> think we probably don't need, but I'm surely wrong on some.   After
> confirmation from others, I'll upate
> http://www.boxbackup.org/wiki/GeneralInstall with the final
> tightened-up list.

If it helps, the build automation script checks for the following
commands:

svn
autoconf
automake
gcc
g++
xsltproc

Also required are LWP::UserAgent (from Perl's libwww), OpenSSL headers
and zlib headers.

Somewhere I had a file which told me which packages to use on Debian and
CentOS but I can't find it at the moment. Hopefully this list should
help though.

James