[Box Backup] bbstoreaccounts check fix reults in crash on non-existent raid file

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Wed Feb 23 23:51:54 GMT 2011

Hi Sune,

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Sune Mølgaard wrote:

>> >  This shouldn't be, right?
>>
>>  No, it seems that bbstoreaccounts somehow got the idea that this file
>>  should exist, even though it doesn't actually exist on disk. I'm
>>  investigating.
>
> Thanks, any news?

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm a bit mystified as to how this can happen, given that we apparently
succeeded in opening the same file earlier in the bbstoreaccounts check
process, and it didn't throw an exception at that time.

Would it be possible for you to download and compile the latest trunk
version of Box Backup from subversion, which contains some additional
debugging code, and send me the output that this bbstoreaccounts gives, to
help me understand what could be going on here?

You'd need to do a release build, i.e. run "./configure" and "make" in the
top-level directory, but you don't have to install it. Just run
bin/bbstoreaccounts/bbstoreaccounts with the same options that you
previously used to check the account.