[Box Backup] bbstoreaccounts check fix reults in crash on non-existent raid file

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Thu Feb 24 01:06:39 GMT 2011

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Sune,

>>> No, it seems that bbstoreaccounts somehow got the idea that this file
>>> should exist, even though it doesn't actually exist on disk. I'm
>>> investigating.
>>
>> Thanks, any news?
>
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> I'm a bit mystified as to how this can happen, given that we apparently
> succeeded in opening the same file earlier in the bbstoreaccounts check
> process, and it didn't throw an exception at that time.
>
> Would it be possible for you to download and compile the latest trunk
> version of Box Backup from subversion, which contains some additional
> debugging code, and send me the output that this bbstoreaccounts gives,
> to help me understand what could be going on here?
>
> You'd need to do a release build, i.e. run "./configure" and "make" in
> the top-level directory, but you don't have to install it. Just run
> bin/bbstoreaccounts/bbstoreaccounts with the same options that you
> previously used to check the account.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Does this help?

sune at jadis:~/src/boxbackup/trunk$ sudo
release/bin/bbstoreaccounts/bbstoreaccounts -c
/etc/boxbackup/bbstored.conf check 75AB23C fix
NOTICE:  Will fix errors encountered during checking.
INFO:    Checking store account ID 0x075ab23c...
INFO:    Phase 1, check objects...
TRACE:   Max dir starting ID is 0x113400
INFO:    Phase 2, check directories...
WARNING: File ID 0x2723f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x272fb has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x28196 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x285eb has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x28794 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa907 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xf5b3 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x113a4 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x1ac69 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x288e2 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x28abc has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x2a5f5 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x32708 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f192 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f165 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f187 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f198 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f18f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f185 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f186 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f16e has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f196 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x4f188 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb439c has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbad0f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbad08 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc0d1d has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc0d13 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb438a has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc3850 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc931f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc9c97 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc9c84 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc9c5f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xdf30d has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xdf307 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x2896a has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x28fd3 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x2926f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x94746 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x965c4 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xcf1ce has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xcf529 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xd1371 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x9b322 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x9c1ee has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x9c310 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x9d095 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x9dfb3 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x9e1b3 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x9f023 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa0529 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa0d3e has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa142d has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa2305 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa30ba has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa4139 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa50c8 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa54b7 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa6468 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa6782 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa80e5 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa8be9 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xa9457 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xaa536 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xab492 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xabfc2 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xad360 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xae252 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xaf18b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb0117 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb026a has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb1293 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb1442 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb22a0 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb4185 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb43af has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb51f5 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb60c8 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb6d38 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb715b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb80e5 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb9f3d has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbae89 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbafe7 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbbf43 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbccc0 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbde02 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbe03b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbef78 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xbff82 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc0db4 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc1ccd has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc3885 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc4b72 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc4e9a has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc5e8e has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc62c2 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc648c has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc756c has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc84cf has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc8627 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc95cc has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xca59b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xcb7a3 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xcbf42 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xcc6e2 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xcd1d3 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xce09b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xcf348 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xd049d has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xd13ce has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x16a7e has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x16c1c has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x1837c has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x1883f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x105f82 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x107936 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x107acf has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x108377 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x1093eb has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x1096d8 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x109b3b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x109fc0 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x10954e has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x109de2 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x109557 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x109ddc has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x1094fc has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x109dd9 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x10f003 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x110f6b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x111c12 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x113030 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x113220 has different container ID, probably moved
INFO:    Phase 3, check root...
INFO:    Phase 4, fix unattached objects...
INFO:    Phase 5, fix unrecovered inconsistencies...
INFO:    Phase 6, regenerate store info...
TRACE:   Obtained 8 stack frames.
TRACE:   Stack frame 0: DumpStackBacktrace()+0x22
TRACE:   Stack frame 1: BackupStoreInfo::Load(int, std::string const&,
int, bool, long long*)+0x874
TRACE:   Stack frame 2: BackupStoreCheck::WriteNewStoreInfo()+0x43
TRACE:   Stack frame 3: BackupStoreCheck::Check()+0x5e8
TRACE:   Stack frame 4: CheckAccount(Configuration&, std::string const&,
int, bool, bool)+0x2a0
TRACE:   Stack frame 5: main+0xa0a
TRACE:   Stack frame 6: __libc_start_main+0xe7
TRACE:   Stack frame 7: unknown address 0x8059871
WARNING: Exception thrown: BackupStoreException(CouldNotLoadStoreInfo)
(Failed to read store info header: backup/075ab23c//info) at
BackupStoreInfo.cpp(194)
WARNING: Load of existing store info failed, regenerating.
NOTICE:  Total files: 583133 (of which old files: 334274, deleted files:
30144), directories: 41653
WARNING: Soft limit for account changed to ensure housekeeping doesn't
delete files on next run.
WARNING: Hard limit for account changed to ensure housekeeping doesn't
delete files on next run.
NOTICE:  New store info file written successfully.
WARNING: Finished checking store account ID 0x075ab23c: 1 errors found
WARNING: You should now use bbackupquery on the client machine to
examine the store.
sune at jadis:~/src/boxbackup/trunk$

--
By downloading these unsupported tools you are using them at your own
risk--you know, like bungee jumping in your underwear or dating your