[Box Backup] daily builds of trunk for ubuntu

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Thu Feb 24 22:43:23 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 16:23:30 (CET), Achim J. Latz wrote:

> Hello Reinhard:
>
> On 25/01/2011 15:28, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>> I've just played a bit with launchpad's support for building ubuntu
>> packages from bzr branches, since the boxbackup svn trunk is mirrored
>> there: https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/boxbackup/trunk
>>
>> The resulting packages can be downloaded here:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~siretart/+archive/boxbackup-dailies
>>
>> Please let me know if you find this useful. If so, I'll add this
>> piece of information to the wiki.
>
> This is very useful. Would it be possible to sync the revisions (the
> content is already synced)?
>
> Currently Ubuntu shows r758 [1], wheras BoxBackup Trac shows 2861 [2]
> atm. This would eliminate one source of confusion when trying to match
> versions.
>
> Thank you in advance, Achim

I also wondered about this but unfortunatly, I came to the conclusion
that this won't be possible, at lesat not easily. The whole thing works
because I'm mirroring the SVN to bzr and build from there. The build
recipe has only access to the bzr revision number, but not (no longer)
to the svn revision.

What I could do however is to encode the build date to the version
string. would this help?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4