[Box Backup] MaxUploadRate crashes bbackupd trunk under Windows

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Fri Feb 25 23:43:42 GMT 2011

Hi Achim,

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Achim J. Latz wrote:

> I wanted to start using MaxUploadRate, and have run into a problem where
> setting the option in bbackup.conf crashes the latest trunk (2859).
>
> I tried even values, odd values, small values, and big values, and
> eventually bbackupd crashes: sometimes on the first file, sometimes
> later.
>
> Any idea how to debug this? The same binary with the option commented
> out works just fine.

The best way to debug it would be to compile the binary with debug symbols
and optimisation disabled (CXXFLAGS="-g -O0", which may already be the
case under Windows by default) and run it under gdb ("r
release/bin/bbackupd/bbackupd.exe -D"), which should allow you to debug it
when it crashes.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |