[Box Backup] MaxUploadRate crashes bbackupd trunk under Windows

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Sat Feb 26 10:13:11 GMT 2011

Hello Chris:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:36:58 +0000 (GMT), Chris Wilson
<chris at qwirx.com> wrote:
> you should find a number of files that would be sent to MS
> (and deleted after the report is sent or cancelled), that will contain
> stack traces and register dumps, these would be useful if you could
> send them to me (please copy them before cancelling the report).

Turns out that this is more complicated than expected: the report
dialog is readonly and "disabled", so you cannot simply copy&paste the
information, unfortunately. I found an alternative in [1] used the Dr
Watson crashlog located in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr
Watson\drwtsn32.log

That file however only gets updated *after* you cancel the report ;-)

> Did you by any chance compile the Windows client with debugging
> symbols? If so, please could you send me bbackupd.exe along with those
> files?

Sent via PM.

Best regards, Achim

[1] <http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13142986>