[Box Backup] Development feedback & discussion for Box Backup 1.0?

Achim J. Latz achim+box at qustodium.net
Mon Jan 17 22:42:43 GMT 2011

Hello Stewart:

On 14/01/2011 18:30, Stewart Adam wrote:
> I am currently rewriting my backup application, fwbackups, into C++ and
> I am planning on using Box Backup as a backend. I would like my
> application to target mainly desktop users so my goal is to make the UI
> extremely simple and easy to use.

That would be amazing. I like the way Duplicati [0] works.

> Although I still have to create the restore UI, I've (mostly) completed
> the user and server administrator applications. The Qt UI files here:
> https://github.com/firewing1/fwbackups/tree/cplusplus
>
> I don't have any screenshots online yet, but I could post some if you
> don't have the Qt developer tools installed.

Will this look similar to the existing fwbackups [1]? Otherwise, it
would be great if you could post some screenshots on the web.

Last question: Do you have a timeline for a perhaps not final, but at
least working restore UI?

Best regards, Achim

[0] <http://code.google.com/p/duplicati/>
[1] <http://www.diffingo.com/oss/fwbackups/screenshots>

--
Achim J. Latz, Qustodium Internet Security
achim.latz at qustodium.net · http://www.qustodium.net