[Box Backup] Development feedback & discussion for Box Backup 1.0?

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Mon Jan 17 23:30:28 GMT 2011

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, Thomas Capricelli wrote:

> For whoever is interested in creating a GUI, please dont do java or
> wxwidgets and use a proper multiplatform widgets set such as gtk, or,
> even better, Qt.

wxWidgets is cross-platform with native widgets on each platform. gtk is
cross-platform but always looks like GTK (non-native in most cases). I
don't like the non-native feel of GTK applications like Ethereal on
Windows. What's wrong with wxWidgets?

I might have chosen QT if it had (at the time) been fully open source for
all platforms (as it is now) when I started writing Boxi in 2006. Now I'm
afraid it's a bit late to change, and I don't (yet) see a good reason to
throw away all the work I've done on Boxi and start again.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |