[Box Backup] Development feedback & discussion for Box Backup 1.0?

Charles Lecklider lists at invis.net
Mon Jan 17 23:37:55 GMT 2011

On 17/01/2011 23:09, James O'Gorman wrote:
> Personally I prefer BSDL too. Although I appreciate for the purposes of
> this project my contributions in code have been very minor so I didn't
> object too much to the GPL change.

Unfortunately I was busy with a project at the time so missed the entire
debate.... Still, overall I'm OK with it, but I'd like to make one minor
change.

> The issue is that the MMC snap-in is closed source. This is incompatible
> with GPL but fine for BSDL.

Exactly. Having thought about this some more, I'd like to propose that
lib/backupclient and lib/backupstore get put under the LGPL. That would
let me do what I was doing before the change, yet still allow BB to be
included in the various Linux distros that caused the change in the
first place.

-C