[Box Backup] Development feedback & discussion for Box Backup 1.0?

Charles Lecklider lists at invis.net
Tue Jan 18 00:45:25 GMT 2011

On 18/01/2011 00:20, Achim J. Latz wrote:
> Am I correct that you are advocating another licensing change in order
> to be able to distribute your proprietary binary?

No. Distribution isn't an issue. The issue is whether I waste time
writing an IPC interface to bbackupquery to work around the _linking_
restrictions in the GPL, or whether a relatively minor license change
can be made.

> Since this sub-thread started about existing GUIs, I was under the
> impression that we are talking about options available to the project.

Ultimately I expect to open the source, but because it shares code with
some of my other projects that's not something I can do right now.

> I understand now that you are talking about "a GUI" that can be used
> with Box Backup, not necessarily one that is include in the project.

Correct.

-C