[Box Backup] Another wish for 2011

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Jan 27 21:46:10 GMT 2011

Hi Leif,

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Leif Linderstam wrote:

>> The first task would be to identify the structures that need changing,
>> and understand why the current mechanism is failing and whether we can
>> fix it without breaking backwards compatibility.
>>
>> I don't have an armeb platform, but it might be possible for me to
>> build and run an armeb server under qemu, and it might be efficient
>> enough (on my 10-year-old desktop box) to be reasonable for testing.
>> However I might instead have to send you blind attempts at fixes for
>> you to test.
>
> It seems like a waste of your time to do that. I have compiled from the
> source before and can do so again. I will retrieve the source again and
> locate the first problematic struct. Then I can either propose a change
> in the code, or just point out the problem for you, whatever you feel is
> the best.

Thanks, I will appreciate your help :) If you can identify the reason for
the structure packing mismatch, and a workaround, then feel free to tell
me what it is :) Otherwise let me know what you find out, and I'll do my
best to help.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |