[Box Backup] Problem fixing corrupted store

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Sat Jan 29 19:36:29 GMT 2011

Hi Dave,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, David Bamford wrote:

>>> It's very odd that it kills the SSH session. This makes me think that the
>>> (virtual?) server started killing processes for some reason, such as running
>>> out of memory (which could well be bbstoreaccounts' fault).

Did you manage to find anything in the server's logs?

>> Actually I think it is bbstoreaccounts' fault. I can see that it tried
>> to do something with a ridiculously high entry ID, which might have
>> caused ti to try to allocate terabytes of memory in recent (trunk)
>> versions of bbstoreaccounts due to the reference counting model (which
>> I'm going to change).

I couldn't find an obvious cause for this in the bbstoreaccounts code, so
I'm looking for other possible explanations.

The strange entry appears to have object ID 0x7220363966653131. Do you
actually have a file called something like 31/65/66/39/36/20/72/o31.rfw in
this account? If so, is there any chance you could send it to me for
testing? (I shouldn't be able to read the encrypted file data as I don't
have the key).

> I have since renamed the old store for this account and created a new
> one as I suspect store corruption, but you are right I think its a
> bstoreaccounts bug where it has picked up this high number.
> Yes everything is 64 bit (client and server and virtual machine) all
> running Debian Squeeze.

What versions of Box Backup are you running on the client and server?

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |