[Box Backup] Quick compare errors

Christophe christophe at gardon.net
Fri Jul 15 14:31:34 BST 2011

Hi,

There are 2 or 3 months, I installed a boxbackupserver and two clients,
all on Debian distributions.

In order to verify the smooth functioning, I run every night a
verification script using the "Query Tool" (quick-compare).
Regularly (every 4 or 5 days), I see abnormal errors with the
verification of old files: "WARNING: Local file 'xxx' has different
contents to store file 'xxx'."
The only cure I know is to refresh the local file date to re-initiate
the backup update on the server.
But this tinkering does not satisfy me because it changes the date of
local files and it clutters the "old files" backup section.

I wonder if this bug is known on my version "0.11~rc8~r2714-1~bpo60" and
if there is a better way to address it.

For example, is there a command to force the update of the backup to a
single local file?

Thank you all.

Christophe GARDON
NB: L'omission des accents est deliberee.