[Box Backup] Web Management Interface fixes

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 06:20:06 BST 2011

Hi Achim,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 11:22:15PM +0200, Achim J. Latz wrote:
> Hello list:
>
> I had a look at the Web Management Interface's [1] source code [2], and
> managed to update it in order to get it running under Ubuntu Lucid Lynx
> (10.04) with Perl 5.10.

Thanks for looking at this, and giving us some updates.

> Here are the updated instructions and some fixes to accounts.cgi and
> DiskSets.pm, mainly due to Scoped and formatting issues.
>
> Perhaps somebody could update the source code and instructions on the
> web page and wiki to reflect this?

Sure. Could you send the patch for accounts.cgi as an attachment,
please? As for the Perl modules, these were written by Per. In case he's
not still reading the list, it might be better to mail him directly to
ask him to fix the module in CPAN.

It's also worth pointing out here (for anyone interested) that Ben
contributed a generic web framework some time ago. It'd be good if
someone could utilise this to write an actual application server for the
web client, rather than relying on bbackupquery.

James