[Box Backup] Unexpected bbackupctl behaviour with "sync" and "sync-and-wait"

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Wed Jun 8 01:25:11 BST 2011

Hello list:

I just spend a few hours due to a very subtle bug:

bbackupctl.exe -c "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de
programa\Fortiko Online Backup\bbackupd.conf" sync

results in:

"NOTICE:  Delaying sync by 3600 seconds due to SyncAllowScript
("C:\Archivos de programa\Backup\SyncAllowScript.cmd" "C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\Backup\bbackupd.conf")"

BUT

bbackupctl.exe -c "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de
programa\Fortiko Online Backup\bbackupd.conf" sync-and-wait

skips the syncallowscript.cmd and gives:

"NOTICE:  Beginning scan of local files"

I thought that behaviour (ignoring the output of syncallow) was
reserverd for force-sync?

Is this perhaps a side effect of code reusage?

Thanks, Achim