[Box Backup] test errors

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Mar 24 23:39:15 GMT 2011

Hi Alexandre,

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:

> Am new to backupbox and am very interrested in this project. I then
> decided to test it on my fresh debian squeeze. I got the 0.11rc_ tarball
> and did the usual tricks (./configure && make) When doing `make test`
> the system works for a while (I have to say i didn't read the whole
> output :p) and finally gives me this sumarry:
>
> common: PASSED
> crypto: PASSED
> httpserver: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at testhttpserver.cpp:214)
>
> I have checked the common causes to make sure it was ok... and it was:
> - enough free space
> - no firewall
> - no running bb instances
> - I guess my virtual machine is fast enough to complete test (only a guess: Athlon X2 3ghz / 512MB / Xen-HVM with LVM sata disks)
>
> Before goiing further I'd like to know if it's failing this test is a problem? Does anyone know why it would fails?

It often fails because some Perl modules that it requires are not
installed. Please consult the test output logs for more details.
httpserver is not used at all in current versions of Box Backup, so it's
safe to completely ignore failure of this test.

> Additionnally I do not run make test as root but as a normal user.

Good idea :)

> horoa: la voie est libre

I don't understand this, and google translate doesn't help much :) What
does it mean?

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |