[Box Backup] Error on boxbackup

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Mon May 2 16:44:47 BST 2011

Hi Andrew,

This is more appropriate to the main list, not the dev list, so I've switched the CC:.

Also if possible, please post in plain text rather than HTML.

On 2 May 2011, at 16:28, andrew.habashi at bell.ca wrote:

> Hey guys
>
> I am receiving an error on my boxbackup server
>
> daemon server cannot be started.
> No error messages and no logs are being generated.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this, can you post steps?

I'm afraid we'll need a bit more information than that. At least:

 - Which version of Box Backup
 - Which operating system
 - Did you use a package or compile it yourself
 - What happens if you try to run bbstored manually (assuming you're currently using an init script)
 - Any relevant log output from syslog
 - When did it stop working? Has anything changed on the system?
 - Anything you've currently tried to investigate/resolve this

Thanks.

James