[Box Backup] Error on boxbackup

andrew.habashi at bell.ca andrew.habashi at bell.ca
Mon May 2 17:01:49 BST 2011

Which version of Box Backup
-no sure, where can I find this

 - Which operating system
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 4ES

 - Did you use a package or compile it yourself
-it was a guy before me that built it, I  believe he compiled it

 - What happens if you try to run bbstored manually (assuming you're currently using an init script)
Are you talking about this command /usr/local/sbin/bbstored

 - Any relevant log output from syslog
- May  2 00:00:02 dubai bbackupctl[6643]: ERROR: Failed to connect to socket (type 2, name /var/bbackupd/bbackupd.sock, port 0): Connection refused (111)
May  2 00:00:02 dubai bbackupctl[6643]: WARNING: Exception thrown: ConnectionException(Conn_SocketConnectError) at SocketStream.cpp(246)
May  2 00:00:02 dubai bbackupctl[6643]: ERROR: Failed to connect to daemon control socket. Possible causes:   * Daemon not running   * Daemon busy syncing with store server   * Another bbackupctl process is communicating with the daemon   * Daemon is waiting to recover from an error

 - When did it stop working? Has anything changed on the system?
- switched boxbackup to another floor, I also changed to proper IP address as that changed

 - Anything you've currently tried to investigate/resolve this
I have scanned all backup files and daemon server files and nothing seems to be broken
The backup server can't be started.