[Box Backup] Error on boxbackup

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Mon May 2 17:54:05 BST 2011

On 2 May 2011, at 17:42, andrew.habashi at bell.ca wrote:

> 1) Right, so this is probably a client, not a server. Do you have a command called bbackupd? Try:
>
> which bbackupd
>
> and if it's found:
> bbackupd -h
>
> I tried # bbackupd, # bbackupd -h and also # bbackupctl start and it also says bash: bbackupctl: command not found

Are /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin in your PATH?

> 2) - What happens if you try to run bbstored manually (assuming you're currently using an init script)

Your quoting style is quite confusing. I'm not sure if I received an answer to this.

> I have been using /usr/local/sbin/bbstored to start the service, we have a boxbackup client and its own dedicated backup server also

So as above, what happens when you run /usr/local/sbin/bbstored? Please try passing the -D and -V flags to it to prevent forking and to give more output and show us the output, as well as anything new being sent to syslog.

James