[Box Backup] Error on boxbackup

Nicholas-Karl magickarle at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 04:47:55 BST 2011

Hey guys.
I worked with Andrew so I'll clear things up:

Problem with bbstored because the client can be started and it generates
logs
bbstored on a DIFFERENT PC then the client.

Andrew:
Check what`s the version by connecting to dubaibck host as root (boxbackup
server box) and run bbstored -V to get the version.
I'm pretty sure it's 0.11

The initiation scripts were put on both boxes in init.d

Boxbackup server running on Centos 5 and client on RedHat enterprise 4

BBSTORED CANNOT BE STARTED. I have tried several times, rebooting server,
tried with the init.d file and the daemon.
I've even tried to recopy the init.d file.
When started manually, it will show an Ok in green but nothing is logged and
ps aux|grep bb shows nothing.

This happened originally when the server was moved and the IP changed.
Last time this happened, I changed the IP address in the hosts file on both
boxes, restarted server and client and voila, it worked again.
But this time it doesn't.
It was running fine for over one year!
I would like to see at least some logs about bbstored not being able to
start so we can pinpoint to a maybe corrupt file of bbstored.

Is there a way to verberos the output of the init.d script file when
starting (beside the -V) ?

Thanks again guys for the time spend on this.
Andrew, you own me AND James a beer :)
I'll remind you next time we see each other hehe!