[Box Backup] Continuous backup only when idle

Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services pjalajas at gigalock.com
Thu May 5 21:00:34 BST 2011

Hi,

Yes, I have had the same problem.  It appears to me that Box Backup
fills my meager outbound DSL bandwidth, which apparently interferes
with my inbound bandwidth, making our systems run slow.  I've tried
trickle and wondershaper; wondershaper worked a little better.  Within
the past week, I've tried setting
AutomaticBackup = no
and then set up a late night cronjob with
43 2 * * * nice /usr/local/sbin/bbackupctl sync-and-wait
Seems to be working well enough so far.

Continuous, or lazy, mode scans for changed files on a schedule determined by
UpdateStoreInterval
which I guess matches what you call a "sleep interval".

Hope that helps.
Pete