[Box Backup] Backup Mac OS X to Freebsd

Stuart Robertson stuart at itbites.net
Wed Oct 19 10:34:18 BST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:59 PM, James O'Gorman <james at netinertia.co.uk> wrote:

> I created a test target in the port skeleton that runs the release
> tests. e.g.:
>
> cd /usr/ports/sysutils/boxbackup
> make
> make test

I made these commands and the tests ran. I did not have to run 'make
test'. When these first tests ran common failed but once this run was
finished I ran 'make install' and the answers are below.

common: PASSED
crypto: PASSED
compress: PASSED
raidfile: PASSED
basicserver: PASSED
backupstore: PASSED
backupstorefix: PASSED
backupstorepatch: PASSED
backupdiff: PASSED
bbackupd: PASSED
httpserver: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at testhttpserver.cpp:471)

TEST: test/httpserver
Killing any running daemons...
Removing old test files...
Copying new test files...
GET request...
POST request...
HEAD request...
Redirected GET request...
Cookie tests...
ERROR:   Failed to write to socket: Broken pipe (32)
NOTICE:  Running test httpserver in release mode...
Starting server: ./test server testfiles/httpserver.conf
Waiting for server to start:  done.
Waiting for server to die (pid 62236): . done.
WARNING: Failed to open file: testfiles/nonexist: No such file or directory (2)
WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at
FileStream.cpp(144)
WARNING: Expected <403> but found <200>
ERROR:   **** TEST FAILURE: response.GetResponseCode() != 403 at
testhttpserver.cpp:471
Starting server: ./test s3server testfiles/s3simulator.conf
Waiting for server to start:  done.
Waiting for server to die (pid 62243): . done.
FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at testhttpserver.cpp:471)

I guess this is something to do with configuring ports for the
httpserver and can be fixed later.

> If you want to run the debug tests you'll have to do it within the work
> directory:
>
> cd work/boxbackup-*
> ./runtest.pl ALL debug

I ran the debug texts and got common: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at
testcommon.cpp:406)
crypto: PASSED
compress: PASSED
raidfile: PASSED
basicserver: PASSED
backupstore: PASSED
backupstorefix: PASSED
backupstorepatch: PASSED
backupdiff: PASSED
bbackupd: PASSED
httpserver: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at testhttpserver.cpp:471)

I don't see why the two sets of test returned different answers. I've
the full output of the debug tests if you are interested.

/Stuart